The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome-ness, yo.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Continuation of log 4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Myth
Admin
Myth

Continuation of log 4 Empty
PostSubject: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:24 am

Quinn jabbed her gun into the small of Brown's back, forcing him toward the Vega. The man's request caused her to bark a laugh, a biting response mumbled into his ear. "You don' deserve the shit off my boots. If my pilot's dead I'll kill yer baby boy myself 'fore I blow yer head off." There had been quite a few shots fired inside the ship, thus Quinn was nervous as to what she was about to find. The sound of Xin's voice reassured her that at least he was still alive. Shai was still a mystery, and it was making her sick thinking about the possibilities.

Quinn followed Kasai in, moving up the cargo door backwards to keep an eye on the remaining thugs. Thankfully Brown's son wasn't in immediate sight, though his absence would probably alarm the man. She gave him a shove once inside. "Sit down and put yer hands on yer head, hwoon dahn."

"Doctor," she finally answered, peering quickly over her shoulder and probably seeing the last of Xin and Shai as they retreated to the sickbay. It didn't look good. "Is Shaiyat alive?" Quinn managed to keep her voice steady but she wavered on her feet, her good knee shaking until she spread her feet to better steady herself. The Ruger's barrel kept trained on the back of Brown's head. "We need off this world asap. I need him up there." The woman's eyes flicked to study Kasai for a moment. "You've got a ride outta here if you go 'n get that crate." She'd be damned to leave any of the precious cargo behind for Brown and his men to use.

At least some of the men who ran had plans on coming back with buddies, as several people could be seen running toward the scene from the bunk in the distance. Keeping Brown in her sights, Quinn walked to the controls, ready to close up once Kasai was back inside.
Back to top Go down
https://awesomenessyo.forumotion.net
XinTou

XinTou

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 6:59 pm

((Are we keeping the same order or is it a free-for-all?))
Back to top Go down
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:13 am

Free-for-all is fine! ))
Back to top Go down
XinTou

XinTou

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 1:38 am

Xin ignored Kasai's earlier question for two reasons. One, he was not
looking forward to Brown's reaction, two, he was much more of a "let's
address the biggest present problem first" kind of person. And right
now, the biggest present problem was Shai. Of course he could be (and
later, would be) kicking himself for unnecessarily killing Brown's
son, sorry son of a bitch that he was, but spilt milk and all that.

Instead, he addressed Quinn directly as he sat Shai on a stool,
leaning him against the wall to prevent him from falling over in his
shock. "He's alive. Wound isn't superficial unfortunately, but it'll
be treatable."

As he spoke, he hurriedly grabbed a pack of
super-absorbent gauze, shoving it into Shai's hand and then pressing
said gauze holding hand directly into the wound. Was most likely not
a pleasant feeling, but he had no other speedy way to slow the
bleeding at the moment. "Shai, I need you to apply pressure to the
wound. Hold it against the bleeding as much as you can, all right?"

With that, he threw himself towards a nearby drawer, hurriedly
rustling through pre-packaged syringes. As he searched frantically,
he spoke alound, more explaining to himself than anything. "If I had
the time now, I'd administer a vasoconstrictor to stop the bleeding
and remove the bullet, but now is decidedly inconvenient. So I'm
going to give him a bit of adrenaline, enough to get us in the a-ah!"
Having finally found the particular shot he was looking for, he raced
back over to Shai, unexpectedly...covering his eyes?

His motives, however, were clear in the next moment. He injected the shot directly
into the bleeding wound. It would hurt. Extremely bad. But
literally for only a few seconds. Almost immediately, Shai would
begin to feel lighter, more energetic, less consumed by pain and
shock. The pain would now seem slightly surreal, still present, but
not affecting him. However, this newfound energy would be
short-lived, and Xin intended to help Shai make the best of it. "Oh
pilot, my pilot, let's get the fuck up to the cockpit."
Back to top Go down
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 3:44 am

Shaiyat wasn't quite sure how he got from the cargo hold to the sick bay, the whole trip from one to the other a blur. A lot of things were blurry really, the bright blue of the walls suddenly not such a good idea. He felt like he was going to loose what little breakfast he'd eaten...but that was more from the pain than anything else. He found the stool Xin offered with a bit of a stumble, his single eye squinted shut as the room spun again. He'd truly not expected his captors to shoot him outright, or at such close range. The half-drunk thug, despite his orders, had really meant to shoot the poor pilot directly in the chest. But a wavering hand had been Shai's luck. The bullet had hit him a bit more to the right, towards his shoulder. It'd hit and most likely broken his clavicle for sure. Anything else wouldn't be immediately clear and the doctor certainly didn't have time to inspect such things.

Even with Brown as their captive, his unruly band of men hoped to take what they could if the situation left them any openings to do so. This lead three of them to swarm the box Quinn had left behind. The first was in the process of trying to open it as the request was given to Kasai to retrieve the contraband. Ted Brown, meanwhile complied with the Captain's request. For now. Weaponless and under her gun he didn't have much choice if he wanted to keep his pretty head that he hid under that over-sized cowboy hat. He spat towards Quinn's boots however just to show how thrilled he was. "My son better be cleaner than your pilot! Those are replaceable!" He seethed up at the blonde, rather put off by the the fore-mentioned boy's lacking appearance....he'd seen him go into Vega...It was only a matter of time before he put two and two together. He banked heavily on the hopes that his crew what save his ass. But with Kasai to deal with they were more concerned with saving their own at the moment.

Shai jumped at Quinn's voice, his single blue eye blinking rapidly as he reached for the gaze thrust his way. Alive? Of course he was, right? And he was going to stay that way, right? "I'm fine Dris-Ai ya!" He'd done as he'd instructed, pressing the gaze up to the bloodied area. It hurt. All of it hurt, making his head spin all over again. He missed most of what Xin said immediately after, gritting his teeth as he forced himself to keep the pressure right where it needed to be despite the pain it caused him to do so. His mind raced, mostly to just how he was going to focus enough to fly the boat out of this mess. "Gotta get us outta here..." Damn....he should've stayed in the cockpit. Every screaming nerve in his arm and shoulder a reminder of that. At least he'd left Vega on standby. The engines were all warmed up, the hum they sent through the ship testament to such. It won't take long to take off then...but wait. Xin was saying something wasn't he? Shai wavered a little on the stool before he used his free hand to take hold of the edge of the seat. It was good that he did so, though he didn't know it yet. He tried to follow just what his immediate future held but another wave of pain caused him to groan. He didn't have much time to do much else once Xin found what he was looking for. The single eye the doctor covered blinked a few times as Shai leaned away instinctively...and then he yelled. Louder than when he'd been shot the first time. "Fuck!" Shai didn't curse much...but this seemed the time to do it. The look he gave Xin once the deed was done showed that the pilot thought the doctor had gone out of his mind....how the hell was he supposed to fly if he couldn't even breath it hurt so bad? The question was answered before he even got a chance to answer it. Ah.

There was pain....but it wasn't so bad. The pilot could think past it, focus. Blinking a few times and looking more awake than he had in awhile really he got to his feet, still keeping a hand pressed with the gaze to his wound. With the doctor's help he made it back out to the cargo bay, a quick look shot Quinn's way once she'd made he way to the control panel for the ramp. He got a good glimpse of his blood as well, splattered over the wall has he'd been shot not more than two feet away from it. "You need ta shot 'im Quinn, you do it." Not that she needed his permission but...Shai had no qualms about such a course of action now. He'd certainly received no mercy.He hard swallowed once, managing a smile for his friend to show he truly was ok for the most part before he lead the way towards the cockpit, bounding up the stairs while he still had the energy to do so. If Xin continued to follow he'd wave his free hand towards the co-pilot's chair as if he needed to offer than man a place to sit before he got to work. "Don't know how ya do yer job Xin...but I sure am glad ya came back ta work fer us. " His words were rushed, but grateful nonetheless. "Ya ever fly a boat? Might get yer chance..." He shot a smile the man's way, swaying a little before he sat down, letting his hand fall from his wound to grasp the vessel's steering wheel, the other hand flicking a few switches above his head. The gaze stayed put, sticking to the blood now caking there. "Engine's ready, already got'ta course set, jus' need to close us up, get the feet off the ground an' get off this hell..." He spoke aloud for his own benefit, keeping as focused as possible as the pain lingered at the back of his mind like a pesky fly. He'd ignore it as long as he could. " We're goin' while goin's good, close up that door Quinn! Need ya up here..." His voice echoed throughout the ship before he turned off his end of the comm. system. He pointed towards Xin after , wiggling the fingers of his now bloodied right arm and hand towards the throttle as he spoke hurriedly. "This 'ere needs ta be pulled back ta give us enough power ta go, an if this wears off 'fore we're in the black gonna need yer help to do it, alright? I'll steer, an won't leave ya flyin alnoe..." He chuckled a little. "Ya jus pull it down towards the floor....slow-like."

Shai hoped Quinn would make an appearance soon. If he passed out he knew the woman could at least get them into space if he started the process.
Back to top Go down
m o T a s

m o T a s

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Kasai blinked plainly as the retreating doctor ignored his question, he shook his head, but nodded his head when he heard the captain move up behind him. The answer was fairly obvious, since not many of the thugs that had entered the Vega had also left. His gaze turned to the captain as she addressed her crew, and then him. He made sure that their eyes met for a moment, trying to convey his annoyance.

"Runnin' skeleton, eh mon capitaine?" He turned to face the small crate, and shook his head at the thugs scurrying about, trying to open it or defend it.
"Looks like I'm going to mop up the scum anyways." He spoke to no one in particular, walking slowly down the ramp of the Firefly class vessel while he eyed the closer men and any reinforcements that thought they were coming to help their boss. He said one last thing under his breath before opening fire, "Da chung wu dahn."

After that he wasted no more time, suddenly dropping into a firing stance and ending the lives of the two thugs standing by their friend who was fiddling with Quinn's crate. As they fell, bullet wounds to the head and chest, he let fly bullets into each of the third thugs hands, effectively keeping him from opening the case. The whole while he had continued moving forward, and was almost upon the last man at the crate when he popped another shot into the man's knee, keeping him from moving away. As Kasai closed the distance between himself and the thug, he let his pistol rest in his left hand, and began to unsheath the katana from his waist. He kicked the thug so that he fell on all fours, and raised the blade to the sky, making sure that all the other men racing towards him could see what he was doing. He stepped back and viciously beheaded the man on the ground in front of him. He grimaced as the blood spurted on his already dirty clothes, and spat out a few drops that had flown into his mouth. He raised his sword and issued a last warning,
"Come any closer and you will die! Dohn mah? Make no mistakes, ni sha gwa! Take any more steps towards this ship and it will be your death!" As if to prove his point he effortlessly shot down any men that were within fifty feet of himself or the ramp into the Vega with just his left hand. Feeling that his point was significantly clear he flicked his wrist, spinning his blade and whipping the blood from it before sheathing it easily. He dipped down to retrieve the crate as he moved back to the Vega's ramp, checking around himself for any approaching thugs as he walked. If any of them decided not to heed his warning he would do just as he said, and shoot them down.

As he walked up the ramp he placed the crate beside the ship's captain, speaking plainly.
"One crate for one ship ride, mon capitaine juste." He continued on into the ship, bantering almost as if nothing was going on.
"Unless it displeases you, ma'am, I think I'll head to the cockpit and make sure we'll be able get out of atmo. Knowing the condition of your pilot I think it might be helpful to have someone else up there that knows how to fly."
He made his way to the top of the staircase and turned to scowl at Brown's dead body, then looked to Quinn for a moment before letting out a sigh. He leaned comfortably on the railing and spoke, "All right, captain. I'll stay on your leash for now, if only to ease tension."

"Oh, and if you wouldn't mind keeping our friend there alive," he shot an evil scowl to the apprehended Brown, "I've got quite some important business with him, once you're finished. Please do let me know when you're done." He smiled as polite as possible for the current situation before nonchalantly making his way to the cockpit.

He looked to the doctor before glancing at the pilot, then looked back at the doctor when he spoke. "Your friend there good enough to get us off the surface, Doctor?"

[[ edited because timeframewise Brown got shot before Kasai got back, and he wouldn't ask the struck out question ]]
[[ struck out the last part because he got stopped by Quinn ]]

Last edited by m o T a s on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Myth
Admin
Myth

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:46 am

When her friend was confirmed alive Quinn's eyes welled up and nearly tipped with tears. This surprised her, a quick shake of her head and a few blinks clearing the majority of the sudden emotion. She watched Shai and Xin race past from the corner of her eye, and Kasai's exit to gather up the cargo left in the sand.

Brown's spit splattered against the tip of her boot, glistening in the desert light filtering in from outside. Grey eyes narrowed and the woman went quiet. She knew that since the man's son had yet to appear, he was probably dead somewhere in the ship. A man with a vendetta was a dangerous one, and truth be told, Quinn wasn't about to allow the scumbag kneeling before her escape without injury. As Kasai shot holes through Brown's men outside, the captain advanced on their leader, the ridiculous hat falling from his head as her knee came up to connect with the man's face. Brown had little time to react but he did try to block her with his hand, which didn't do much - and he tried gurgling something as he fell backward and rolled down into the sand, but by the amount of blood spilling from his broken teeth, he couldn't get much out. Quinn fired a single shot that sped into Brown's neck, tearing through it and burrowing into the sand beneath his body.

Shai's voice over the comm system brought Quinn back to reality, cold eyes peering Kasai's way as he said something. She hadn't noticed his return, and after staring at the man and registering his request for some time with Brown, she spoke in a detached voice. "No time. You stay or you go. And I do mind. Don' know you. Yer stayin' with me." Although it seemed like a good idea to have an additional pilot upstairs, Quinn knew the stranger wouldn't be able to make sense of things. Shai had modified everything almost beyond recognition from the average Firefly.

Quinn limped her way back toward the sickbay, indeed finding Brown's son sticking partway out of Xin's bunk, as she expected she might. The blonde bent and hoisted the body up and over her shoulder with a loud growl. Thinking their leader dead, Brown's men finally gained some sense and had begun to shoot, a few bullets whining against the Vega's metal walls. Quinn bounced the body off her shoulder and kicked Brown's hat that direction as well, allowing both to roll down into the sand beside the gang leader. The doors closed shortly afterward as she hurried to the side and activated the control.

The woman brushed past Kasai on her way to the staircase, motioning for him to follow. "Please don' call me ma'am - Captain works jus' fine."
Back to top Go down
XinTou

XinTou

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:03 am

As they passed Quinn on the way to the cockpit, Xin gave a small, agreeing grunt to Shai's sentiment of shooting the man. The last thing he needed was some walking hard-on with a blood grudge to settle following him into his old age. Wiping the sweat and blood out of his eyes, he raced up the stairs, following the nearly giddy with adrenaline Shaiyat. "Keep breathing, Shai, keep breathing." He muttered comfortingly, knowing that the man needed to keep calm if he wanted to avoid any unpleasant side effects from the epinephrine. At the thanks from Shai, Xin whistled with wide eyes as he sat in the co-pilot chair. "Peng you, all the welcome I need is you getting us out of here."

At Shai's question of whether or not he had flown a plane before, Xin gave somewhat of a non-committal nod. Thankfully for all involved, Xin had once been a rich boy with a vessel of his own that he flew from thirteen to seventeen. Unfortunately for all involved, that was over twelve years ago. Still, one didn't forget how to ride a bike, right? And really, what was a ship but a really, really big bike? ...yes. But he was good at following instructions. He began pulling the...thingamabobber towards the ground, as dictated, slowly. He tried to ease Shai's fears by talking him up. "You have at least another five minutes before you'll most likely pass out." ...not a people person, Xin. Realizing his words probably came off as less than comforting, he quickly amended, "Which is more than enough time to get us up in the air and then hand it off to Quinn so I can fix you up. All right?"

He didn't speak to his feelings regarding Kasai quite yet, but he was mixed. On one hand, the man had taken care of a potentially serious problem. On the other hand, he did so by wildly shooting at numerous people without so much as a 'how do you do', which kinda projected mental instability. On the other hand, he himself had kinda sorta gotten trigger happy in the moment today, so maybe he didn't need to point fingers. And yet again, he didn't appreciate newcomers getting onto the boat and immediately acting like they knew the place like the back of their hand, and thusly could bark out orders to, let's say, THE DOCTOR. But then, maybe it was just in the rules that doctors and mercs couldn't get along. Personalities on the opposite sides of the spectrum and all that.

He started when he heard a final shot, then visibly relaxed. Good. She had killed the bastard. Well done, Quinn. Breathing more easily, he started to move with a bit more confidence as he fired up the thrusters and (with Shai's help) managed to start getting the Vega in the air. Off-handedly, he asked Shai, "You don't by any chance know your blood type, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 2:39 am

The shot heard down below made Shaiyat jump as well, but once he put together what had (hopefully) happened he gave a little nod to himself. Muttering something under his breath he put the rest of the situation down there out of his mind. Focus. Quinn had taken care of Brown, the bastard. Focus. He needed to get them into space before Brown's men found something more damaging than bullets to shoot at the ship. Focus. A small green light on the control panel lit up, signaling to the pilot that the airlock was shut...they were ready to go. For the most part Shai was absorbed with taking care of his end of things when it came to taking off. Until Xin spoke again that is.

"Right." Shaiyat gave an uneasy laugh, the prediction that he had approximately five minutes of consciousness a bit unnerving though he did seem to take Xin's following reassurance to heart for the most part. "Right." The pilot said again, nodding with a bit more confidence. Watching the doctor take the throttle, he smiled. Xin counting him as a friend was something the pilot took rather seriously, further motivation to focus and get them safely to the black. "Yer doin' good...but we might need ta go a bit faster then..." He mumbled, leaning forward in his seat and looking over the small screens that fed him information as the ship wavered a bit and then broke free from the ground. The engine roared louder the more power the doctor gave to it, the loud mechanical creaking of the landing gear folding up into the Firefly's under belly echoing throughout the old ship. Shai swayed some, leaning towards Xin almost too much. Briefly it seemed like he was going to fall over right there, but his true intentions made more sense soon after. His bloody hand reached out almost instinctively, overlapping Xin's unless he moved and pulling back on the throttle in one swift movement. So much for going slow...the Vega responded by jerking forward, making the push to go upward and break out of atmo rougher than normal for everyone on the boat.

Shai's hands and focus moved back to the wheel, keeping track of just how much speed he could safely pull out of the vessel. He felt rather responsible for some of the mess they were in, and he was determined to get them out. Clouds blurred by in a sea of white before they broke out into space with in a couple minutes and were flooded out by totally darkness. It was a relief, a rush of cold and quiet as Shai leaned forward again...a bit too long. Hovering a few inches above the main screen in front of him he reached to punch out a few commands, sending Vega into autopilot mode for the moment. They'd be safe to orbit Triumph until the ship was told to do otherwise.

The pilot didn't answer Xin's question right away, double checking that everything was in order while the pain in his shoulder crept more and more to the surface. Focus. Assuming Quinn still decided to make her way to the cockpit Shai would turn some, the familiar sound of her limp on the metal flooring bringing a small smile to his face. Good. "'Ey, Quinn!" He shouted, pausing as he swiveled in his chair further to almost face Xin and leaned back heavily into it. He looked rather white, and not half as peppy..."Can ya get my dog-tags, hanging in my bunk near the bed?..." Shai didn't recall his blood-type was B+, but he was sentimental enough to have saved his dog-tags from the war after all these years...and was pretty sure such information would be on them. "Quinn?" He called out again, even if she'd answered him the first time. He looked a little panicked, and wanted the woman near-by before he lost consciousness.

"Dog-tags will tell ya that sorta thing, right Xin?" He had a billion questions to ask about what came next, and no courage to ask a single one. So instead he smiled, though it hardly covered his nerves. "Least they missed the tattoo..."
Back to top Go down
Myth
Admin
Myth

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:50 am

Had mixed feelings about Kasai as well, hence why she was trying to keep him under constant supervision. She didn't have the time to put him through a proper interview but definitely planned to. While appreciative of his coming in to save the day, Quinn knew he had to have an ulterior motive and, as the adrenaline wore off, she was growing more concerned about the number of men he'd gone through. Not to mention his casual demeanor after the fact.

The last bit was probably most concerning. There were trails of blood in the cargo bay, a lot of dead men outside and possibly another dying upstairs. To act casual in this sort of setting caused Quinn to wonder about the man's sanity, much the same as Xin. Kasai was probably off his knocker, which could make him ten times more dangerous than Brown or any of his thugs. Quinn eyed the stranger as she limped past him, happy to at least have his attention and obedience for the time being. Or as he said, for now.

The woman had gotten about halfway up the metal stairs when Vega lurched. With a muffled curse Quinn fell forward and slid a few steps, though she managed to snatch the railing to keep from tumbling into Kasai. As worried as she was about getting up to the cockpit to assess Shai, she failed to be irritated as she might ordinarily be, but the end of her left leg wasn't too happy. Once she was able, Quinn trudged up the rest of the stairs, wincing a little with each step and walking with her shoulder against the wall to keep herself steady.

The ship quieted as Quinn appeared at the cockpit door. A frown tugged at the corners of her mouth - Shai looked like hell. She didn't respond to his cheery greeting, instead looking to Xin with a bit of concern coloring her features. "Yeah I'll get 'em, hang tight Shai..." And with that she was off again, walking the short distance to Shai's room and pulling the door open. She motioned for Kasai to follow.

"Listen, stranger." Quinn looked up at the young man as she began to lower herself into the darkened room. She kept her prosthetic out at an angle and mostly used her arms to lower herself down the ladder. "I sure do appreciate what you did fer us back there... dunno where we'd be if you hadn'." Quinn gave him a look before she disappeared into the back of the room. "But I'm worried," she called out, fumbling around until she found the dog tags hanging from a hook by the pilot's bed. She limped back toward the stairs. "And I hope you don' take offense. Soon as things calm down we've got some talkin' to do."
Back to top Go down
m o T a s

m o T a s

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:31 am

Kasai watched the captain as she passed him, trailing her steps with his eyes. He turned to follow after her, keeping a small distance between the two of them. His head was lowered, his hands in his pockets as his mind began to race after the fight. He felt the judgment rolling off of the two who had seen him, the other was too wounded to know. But he wasn't a reader, so he couldn't actually know, but he felt like he could tell. Or wait, was that just the normal paranoia kicking in? No, he really felt it this time. No, it was just the normal paranoia. Sometimes he couldn't rightly tell anymore, which is why he tried to limit his exposure to other people. But maybe it would be good for him. He hoped it would be good for him. He just had to maintain himself.

He just barely caught himself as the ship jerked, his hands whipping out and catching both rails before he actually realized he almost fell.
"Shit..." He spoke to no one in particular as his mind came back to the moment. "Can't get lost like that, no. Can't." He shook his head firmly before looking up to the captain as she hobbled away. He took note of it, realizing that her prosthetic was more an issue than he would have first thought.
He resumed walking behind her, casting his view about the vessel. It wasn't the first Firefly he'd been in, so it wasn't anything drastically new, but he did like a few of the more home-y touches he saw. The boat should always be your home. He recalled someone once telling him, and a light smile came to his face.

When they reached the front of the vessel he leaned himself against a railing as the pilot asked Quinn to get his dog tags.
"Soldier, eh?" Again he spoke to no one in particular, his thoughts voicing themselves.
As the captain went about retrieving said dog tags, Kasai's mind began to wander again. While the others would be calming down after their adrenaline rushes from the fight wore off, he'd begin to suffer symptoms similar to withdrawal; a pang he had dealt with since a young age after any fight. The withdrawals came in two fashions, those that made his mind race and those where his mind would wander and become empty. As he silently stared at nothing in particular the captain began to speak to him. The word 'stranger' snapped him back to the present and he straightened up, looking at Quinn as she looked to him. He responded after she finished.
"'Twas just chance, captain. Just lookin' for the same man at the same time." He paused. "Just luck, if you believe in it... But you are right." His demeanor dimmed again, and he knew that his seeming mood swings wouldn't help his situation any. "We do have some talkin' to do, as soon as the three've you got everything straightened out. In the meantime, would ya like to show me a place to sit 'n wait? I'd much rather that than have to keep followin' you like a little pup. It'd help me to have a quiet spot to meditate." He paused for a moment, and then added an afterthought, "It's all right. Your worry. Strange men bein' on your ship ain't a thing that everyone finds shiny. I know that all too well."

He waited quietly for the captain to respond, letting his gaze wander into the cockpit for a moment before he closed his eyes and leaned his head back.
Back to top Go down
Myth
Admin
Myth

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Quinn pulled herself back up the ladder and stood, regarding Kasai with a neutral expression as she considered his words. "Yeah, that may be best," she responded, motioning behind Kasai in the direction of the mess. "You can wait 'n there til things're settled. Thanks." The woman turned and made her way back to the cockpit, the dog tags handed to Xin as she came and stood next to Shai's chair.

"Need to get you down 'n wrapped up." Regardless of how awake the pilot still was, Quinn was determined to either help him down into the sickbay or carry him. Her leg was killing her, but she still felt up for the job. Piece of crap prosthetic was already in serious need of replacement, and the last job seemed to have done it in. A little frown announced the woman's continuing discomfort about approaching medical professionals for just about anything, let alone her handicap.

Quinn motioned to one of the smaller monitors above the main controls and peered Xin's way. "Keep an eye on him, please. This'll only be a moment." Since the Vega frequently carried passengers it seemed like a good idea to set aside credits for surveillance equipment. Considering some of the weirdos they had carried on this boat before, it wasn't an altogether strange thing to have.

Knowing Shai needed medical attention asap, Quinn urged him to get up and out, wanting to return to the cockpit as soon as possible.

(Everyone up for continuing this in chat today, ~7 PST? There probably isn't much left to do with this part of the game - we could finish it real quick in chat then start on a new day. )
Back to top Go down
XinTou

XinTou

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 7:37 pm

As soon as Xin was sure they were in the clear and fully in autopilot, he unstrapped himself from the copilot's seat and rushed over to Shai, removing any restraints of his as he grabbed the man around the waist and gently pulled him into a sitting position on the ground, positioning himself right behind the pilot, so he was in effect, sitting behind him and propping them up. As Quinn walked in and sent him a worried look, Xin tried to morph his face into something comforting or at the very least, competent. But in a flash, she was gone again, after to dog tags. With that, he reached towards his back pocket and pulled out...stickers? Round, saucer-shaped patches that looked almost like small band-aids. Ripping off the protective wrapping he stuck two onto Shai's uninjured arm. The two were slow-secretion anaesthetic patches, so before Shai even felt the full force of the pain return, he'd immediately feel a quiet pause, and a slow, eventual turn to sleep. "Got you, just relax." He murmured as the man's body physically began to relax against his grasp.

Quinn returned with the dog tags at this point (and sans Kasai, which suited the creeped out doctor just fine at this juncture), and Xin slung them around his own arm, slowly scrambling up with the aid of the the wall behind him, and gently lifting the unconscious pilot to have his uninjured arm slung around Xin's shoulders and using him like some human crutch. As Quinn came close to help, Xin quickly (but politely as possible) waved her off, speaking to her directly in hopes she would not get offended. "I am uninjured, uninhibited by previous injury, and will get him downstairs more quickly by myself. Thank you." Regretting that his words had such a sharpness to them, he tried making his last words light as he began his gradual but balanced descent down the stairs. "Also, I'm sure that he'd prefer you taking care of his baby as opposed to any stranger or incompetent doctor-pilot hybrid." As an afterthought as they (well, he) were trudging (carrying) away, he quietly called back, "And after Shai's treatment, I'd prefer to see you in the medical bay sooner rather than later."

The doc crept towards the sick bay at an agonizingly slow pace, dragging the most likely drooling Shaiyat. "What a hao jie of a day." He muttered as he kicked open the doors of the bay. He didn't even get a chance to pick up his personal supplies! ...not to mention, after cleaning up the mess that was Shai, he had a mess in his room to attend to. "Fèi wù wōnang fèi, nǐzàijiǎngshénmepì..." The doctor's swearing faded away as he lifted Shai onto one of the beds and shut the door firmly behind them.

((I'm all for that, maybe we could start with Xin finishing up the patching of Shai and Quinn and Kasai having that talk in another room?))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 4   Continuation of log 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Continuation of log 4
Page 1 of 1