The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome-ness, yo.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Continuation of log 6

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
m o T a s

m o T a s

Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Kasai was mindful of the captain's words to Xin before she left, turning his glance as she did so. He looked over to the doctor when he responded, noticing the tired look in his smile. The look reminded Kasai that his sleeping situation was so much different than most people's. He shook his head as the weary doctor started to clean up the spilt whiskey.
"Don't worry about that, Xin. I can get it when I'm done with the dishes." He paused for a moment, cleaning off the last of the plates. "And if you've got your bed calling to you then by all means don't let me keep you up. We could always talk later. I just get the feeling that I might be here for a while, and I figure I should get to know everyone." He glanced at Oriana if she was still present, and shot a somewhat kind smile before looking back to Xin.

"I'd rather get to chat with each of you one on one, though. So whenever you're up to it I'd like to at least try to get started with that."
Back to top Go down
Inky

Inky

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Oriana had told Quinn that she did not have bed sheets yet, and made a mental note of where they were kept, calling out her thanks. Still very much awake from her performance for the captain, Ori remained in the doorway of the mess, leaning against the side. She clasped her hands in front of her and listened quietly to the happenings in the mess.

At Kasai’s smile, Ori returned a rather shy smile in his direction, her eyes darting to the ground. After a moment, she stepped into the mess and started to help Xin clean up. She felt out of place, and wanted to get on the rest of the crew’s good side. “I can get the rest,” she murmured, smiling at the doctor. Her trembling would be noticeable, especially while she cleaned, but did not appear to alter her cheerful mood. To Kasai’s comment about chatting one on one, she said nothing, assuming that he didn’t mean her. Ori was sure she didn’t have a secure position on the ship yet and was determined not to think of this as a relatively long term position. Ori busied herself with cleaning and attempting to surreptitiously examine Xin’s very interesting body art.
Back to top Go down
XinTou

XinTou

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:42 am

((I can play this Sunday, 3:30-8, if anyone wants to join.))
Back to top Go down
m o T a s

m o T a s

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 8:27 pm

[[ I'd be up for that ]]
Back to top Go down
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:24 pm

(( I'll be on as close to 3:30 as I can ^^ ))
Back to top Go down
Inky

Inky

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:25 pm

(( I'll be there! Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:28 am

Shaiyat chuckled at Quinn's poke at his fashion sense. Or lack of it. "Naw, wore the black one. It's newer" He tugged at the older grey flight suit he wore as he answered her question...letting the one about the pillow hang in the air a moment as he gave a smirk. "Think I'd pass up that chance? Ta get'a pillow from an actual Companion? Course I asked..."He waited to see her reaction, looking casually back towards the camera screen that allowed him to view the mess hall. Hmmm. Looked like everyone was still awake.

Anyway, when he felt he'd scared Quinn enough into thinking he'd embarrassed himself (and Xin) by asking for some of a stranger's bedding he chuckled again, nudging her boot with his elbow. "I didn't ask nothin' like that Driscol. Jus' grinned like an idiot an shook 'er hand." He laughed a little more before letting that conversation end...focusing back on the subject of his hair. He ran a hand through the shaggy tresses with a small frown as he swiveled in his seat to face the captain. His hair was still wet from the rain, hanging just to his shoulders in a dark brown mess."Ya know, it's kinda growin' on me, might jus' keep it. It'd be like....if ya cut off all yer hair ya know?" This time he wasn't joking. He really did want to keep it.

She had his attention when she moved to stand, Shai resisting the temptation to help her up. She never made him feel handicapped, and he never wanted to make her feel so either. She certainly wasn't in his mind. As soon as the word 'Triumph' left her lips however he swiveled away, frowning some before he slid off of his seat and moved to kneel on the floor, a bit closer to Quinn. Fiddling in one of his pockets for a moment he finally found the small brass key he was searching for. He used it to unlock a small storage space under the control panel between the two chairs, pulling out rather random tools and small metal boxes. He turned his one eyed gaze back to Quinn with a small smile. "Think gettin' shot was enough of a yell. I know I messed up Quinn...looked like things were goin' well an I didn't like ya goin' out yer own much ya know." He sighed, leaning into the cubby-hole once more and pulling out more odds and ends. "But I coulda been more help up here, eh?" He appeared again, this time with a yellow drill in hand and a look of satisfaction that faded as he put his full attention on the blond. "Ya know I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down
Myth
Admin
Myth

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:53 am

Quinn did look a little... mortified, her face dropping when Shai admitted to doing the unthinkable. When she learned he was kidding she gave him a glare and pushed his chair.

The captain frowned when Shai gave a bit of an excuse as to why he didn't follow her orders. "Yeah you coulda Shai - I wanted you up here in case things didn't go so well with jus me bein' out there." Quinn's voice had taken a bit of a harsh tone and she hesitated. She had a hard time giving Shai the captain treatment when he did something wrong. They'd been friends so long it put an interesting twist on the relationship. "When I tell you to do somethin' you do it. If yer worried ask me fore you go makin' yer own gorram plans. Like gettin' shot."

Quinn did stand this time, ready to escape before she really did yell at the pilot. Thinking he was dead had given her a fright. "I'm goin' to bed," she declared, situating the crutch beneath her left arm as she peered down at Shai, suddenly thoughtful. "That's a deal." Purposefully not explaining herself, the captain wandered out and retreated to her room.
Back to top Go down
https://awesomenessyo.forumotion.net
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:40 am

Shai had pushed for Quinn to take the captain position because he knew she'd be good at it....and that included letting him know when he'd stepped wrong. So, even though he did look rather guilty over her words he simply nodded, knowing she was right. "If I can help not gettin' shot again, I'll do it." He said with a smile, though his words were serious. "You sleep well Quinn." He reached out to squeeze her shoulder once before she made her way out.

The pilot made his way out as well a few minutes after the captain left, he made his way back to the mess. He brushed his fingers against the door of Quinn's room as he passed it, mumbling another 'g'night' before he entered the dining area again, drill in hand. He briefly took a look at the others, making his way over to the sink as he felt he should help with the dishes if there were any left to do so. But first he needed to approach Xin. The doctor was given a small smile, the power tool offered over with a look of triumph. "Found it, an the bit is still good too...should work for what ya need." There were no hard feelings on his end, and he hoped the simply interaction would show such."The offer ta help put together whatever it is yer makin' still stands."

Assuming the doctor took the drill the pilot kept his small grin, extending the friendly expression to Ori and Kasai as he wandered back over, helping to dry what dishes were left and put them away. "Heard yer joinin' our crew...must be a good shot." He commented towards Oriana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continuation of log 6   Continuation of log 6 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Continuation of log 6
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2