The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome-ness, yo.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Log 9 - Bellerophon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alatus
Admin
Alatus

Log 9 - Bellerophon  Empty
PostSubject: Log 9 - Bellerophon    Log 9 - Bellerophon  EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 pm

15:34:52 Kasai was sitting quietly in his room. His eyes opened abruptly, coming out of his trance in a cold sweat. A small feeling of pain still ran through his arm, but his mind was completely clear. He stood slowly, glad in his mind that they were going to Bellerophon. He just needed to make contact with the professor to make sure he'd would be available. He pulled his shirt from the mirror and slid it on, buttoning it partially and rolling up the sleeves. He slid one of his 1911's into the back of his slacks before finally making his way up the ladder and out of the room. As he entered the mess he nodded to Xin and Oriana, speaking softly. "Want some tea?" Whether or not they answered he went into the small kitchen area and began to look for the necessities to create said tea. He took any flavor he found, and slowly began the process of actually making the tea. He stood quietly over the tea pot, his eyes wandering to the pair playing cards. "Playing Long Pai?" He questioned the two, fairly sure they were, [c]
15:34:53 [Kasai] but asking just to be sure.

15:39:36 [XinTou] Both brows shot up in suspicion as he drew his own card and gave her half of his trash as a 'loan'. "...one day, we're going to have to teach you the importance of not giving away your hand with your face." Shaking his hand with a grin, he pulled out the tall card. "Plums." After a glance at his cards, he discarded one, drew another, and after a moment of silent self-debate, he pushed in his entire pile. "All in." He said simply, his stoic expression betraying nothing. But if it was a bluff, it seemed to be a damned good one. After he made his drastic bet, he finally noticed cold, sweaty Kasai. "Oh. Hello Kasai. Yes, I would very much care for some tea, arigatou. And yes, I have taken it upon myself to corrupt this young, defenseless girl in the ways of gambling away one's possessions in Long Pai." After those pleasantries had been concluded, he whipped back to Ori, a melodramatic look of false malice on his face that could rival a murder mystery guide. "Well? Have you decided?"

15:50:08 Oriana grinned as Xin put all his trash into the pile. “I’m okay with not giving away my emotions,” she said. “But give me a break, I’ve never played this game before.” As Kasai walked in, and Xin declared her defenseless, Ori laughed, almost a cackle. “I’m not going to be corrupted. I can stop any time I want!” She poked her tongue out at Xin. It was nice, this feeling of belonging. Ori turned slightly to Kasai. “I’d like some tea please. Only give me a minute to beat this old man at his own game.” She turned to the doctor, grinning, and shoved all of her trash into the pile to join Xin’s. She lightly placed her cards on the table and sifted them so he could see them all. “Four of a kind.”

15:58:34 Kasai wasn't really paying attention when he grabbed the few tea bags needed for the pot, only looking briefly to make sure he wasn't mixing flavors. He watched the others make their exchange, nodding when Oriana revealed her hand. A smirk came to his lips when Xin referred to her as young and defensless, wondering if he'd be considered the same were he not so... Lethal. He chuckled as they continued playing, nursing the tea pot until it was finished brewing. He picked up the pot and three small cups, carrying them all to the table where the others were sitting. He placed one cup in front of Xin, one in front of Oriana, then carefully poured his own before sitting. He made sure the tea pot was placed centrally so the two of them could reach it if need be. He sipped his tea lightly, trying to ease the nightmares he'd had to the back of his mind.

16:05:27 Quinn finally agreed to meet this mystery man on his turf even though she thought it was stupid. If good pay wasn't on the line she would have continued to refuse, but times were tough and they needed all they could get... especially with more crew on board. Quinn had also agreed to allow Kasai to use the shuttle, but at a price – he both needed to pay to use it and give the captain something he valued, to ensure he came back. She'd spent a lot of time in her room since they left New Melbourne, and was currently going through her miniscule wardrobe to try and find something suitable for the party. Not that she really cared – she'd just as well show up in dirty work pants and a tank top, but it mattered in terms of not being noticed. As much. A pair of black slacks and a crisp white button up lay across her bed, Quinn standing near by with her arms crossed.

16:11:00 XinTou pulled a face as he saw Ori's cards. "Ah hell. I'm too embarrassed to even show my hand. I fold. Well done." Without an ounce of bad sportsmanship, he pushed the refuse a proud Oriana's way. "You might make a halfway decent card player yet." He teased, standing up and stretching. The doctor, usually the most well-dressed on the ship, was in top form today. Prepared to see his sister and her family, he was dressed quite elegantly. Tan cap covering his unruly curls, an off-white collared dress shirt, a deep green and tan vest with gold buttons, and tan slacks. He took the proffered tea from Kasai. "Thank you so much. Now if you both will excuse me, I need to have a word with the captain before we get planetside." Carefully cupping his tea in his hand, he began meandering towards the captain's bunk, calling out when he was within earshot. "Quinn?"

16:17:37 Shaiyat had spent a good majority of his time in the cockpit as they'd neared Bellerophon, still a bit nervous other the whole plan though he hid it pretty well. And with familiar things to focus on that was a bit easier. The ship noticeably slowed as the big planet came in to view, sending a shutter through the old boat along with some rather unsettling creaking sounds. But no announcement came from the pilot that anything was wrong, instead the he let them know just how close they were.“Ya'll might wanna get comfortable, we're goin' in...weather looks fine, should be a pretty smooth landing.” That said Shai switch the light piano music he'd been flooding the Vega with off, the lights dimming in the rooms as well. As he predicted the break into atmo was a smooth as it could be, noticeable only by another small shutter through the ship and a little bit of rocking before the vessel adjusted to the air resistance she didn't have to deal with in space. Shai leaned forward a bit in his seat, the <
16:17:57 [Shaiyat] brightness of being out of the black causing him to squint as the sunlight bounced off the ocean below and lit up the floating islands that dotted Bellerophon. “Wow...” As soon as he was low enough to be in 'controlled' air space a small beep let him know they were now being watched. Luckily enough the pilot had the Vega registered as a transport vessel for a small farming community on Ezra that ran loads of foodstuffs from one dock to the next. It wasn't entirely a lie, the pilot had done just that one point in his life...just not on this boat. But he still knew the codes to get by as such. Anyhow, he let one hand slip from the wheel to mash the comm-button again as a scroll of text ran up his screen, letting him know where he could dock and the like. “Got ourselves a place ta land...should be there shortly. Anyone wantin' ta see the ocean should come up 'ere for we do.” The wonder in his voice was clear, even over the fuzzy comm-speakers.

16:29:15 Oriana giggled at Xin’s face and gathered up the bits of trash proudly. “Better luck next time, doc,” she called as he left. She thanked Kasai for the tea and gave him one of her usual cheery smiles. Reaching for a cup, Ori bent over so her lips were against the edge of the cup and tipped it, taking small sips until the tea measured less than half of the cup. This would seem strange at first, until Ori picked her cup up and one noticed just how much her tremors affected the way she had to hold things. Had the cup been as full as it was, she would have spilled tea all over herself; this was especially concerning since Ori had made it a point to dress her finest that day. Her finest included a dress, the only one she owned, that she’d had since she left her home. The dress in question was tea length and a light turquoise, with short sleeves and lighter bubble patterns in a traditional batik pattern. She would have looked quite normal save for the holster around her waist, which would be well hidden once she(c)
16:29:18 [Oriana] put her black trench on. Ori turned to Kasai as she put her tea down. “How are you doing this morning?” she asked before hearing Shai’s voice. She made a move to get up; she loved oceans. “Care to join me?”

16:36:23 Kasai had quite literally spent all his time during the trip to Bellerophon in his quarters, aside from now and the one time he exited to eat and ask for use of the shuttle. Paying for use was no issue to him, he'd give the credits that lined his wallet without hesitation. But it was offering collateral that didn't sit well with him. He barely had more than the clothes on his back, and the witch tyrant trusted him so little as to take from his last possessions. He tried to offer his katana, but for some reason the captain wouldn't take it. So he had begrudgingly given the locket from his neck. Needless to say he was not happy with the arrangement, but the former operative had kept all his feelings to himself making sure nothing but calm had etched itself across his face. He sat quietly as the Vega entered atmo on Bellerophon, continuing to sip his tea. He remarked to the cheery girl in a calm tone, mustering a convincing 'friendly smile', "Fine, thank you. And no, I'll be seeing plenty of the sea [c]
16:36:24 [Kasai] during my shuttle ride. The man I'm visiting doesn't live close to the doctor's family." He turned back to his tea, placing it down lightly and getting up. "Speaking of, I should gather my things." He made his way out of the mess and once again down into his quarters, glancing over his lack of possessions and sighing quietly.

16:37:14 Quinn had decided to try the pants on to make sure they still fit. It'd been years since she wore them and she'd gained a little weight from having little to do, until recently. She'd moved from standing with her arms crossed over the bed to the same position in front of the mirror, staring at herself with a light frown. The pants were a bit snug, so they accentuated the fact that Quinn was a woman, moreso than they normally might. And she already knew the prosthetic waiting for her at the post office would be that more obvious with the flimsy material, since her stiff work pants usually hid that, to a point. The door to her bunk was open, Xin's voice causing her to jump slightly. “Yeah?” she answered, hopping to the ladder and peering up. Shai's announcement and the familiar atmo-breaking shudder caused her to sigh a bit. Almost there.

16:43:35 [XinTou] With the grace of a geisha girl, Xin compensated for the slight jerking of the ship breaking atmo by leaning to one side and taking a sip of his tea. When the mild turbulence had passed, he strode down the ladder into the captain's room, assuming the 'yeah' was an invitation in. When he reached the bottom, his demeanour changed a moment. One of those uneasy smiles that looked hopeful but still prepared for the worst. "A quick word. My brother-in-law, the second genner I mentioned..." He paused a moment, trying to word what he had to say as well as he could. "...Richard is a fine man. Very hospitable, very generous, and for an Alliance man, very sympathetic to the Independents. But...sometimes this can come off as slightly...patronizing, or condescending. He might accidentally say something he doesn't realize is offensive. And I would take it as a personal favor if you could please just ignore any such incident like that and realize he is not a malicious person." His tone lowered a moment and he(c)
16:44:15 [XinTou] took a step closer, letting the captain know this was an important matter to him. "...this man literally saved my life before even meeting me, because he loved my sister so much, and I deeply respect him. So, if you could, please try to get along with him despite his ties to Alliance scum. Fair?" After Xin had spoken and was waiting for Quinn's take on the matter, he looked to the clothes laid out on her bed. "...I wouldn't worry too much about clothing, my sister would be more than happy to lend you anything."

16:49:45 Shaiyat had as little fancy clothing as the captain. He's managed to find a navy blue button down shirt that didn't have any patches sewn into it, though it was a little loose. It'd been awhile since he'd worn it and despite his 'healthy' appetite the weight wouldn't stay on. He rummaged to find the black pants he wore as well, though they were more faded than he would've liked. But above all the eye patch bothered him. He had nothing nicer to wear in it's place, and going without it in his mind would be the much worse than the thick leather piece he was stuck with. He just hoped the story he'd come up with incase some one asked was believable enough. It probably was more-so than the truth really. Anyhow, the flight to the Muireadhaigh estate went without a hitch and as they were expected the landing bay was open and ready for the old vessel. The Vega hovered for a bit, the creaking of the landing gear unfolding beneath them all shaking the ship before she was brought down for a light landing. At the very least
16:49:58 [Shaiyat] Shai could come off as a competent pilot. This trip would take a few good minutes of course, so Ori certainly had time to make it to the cockpit in time to see the ocean.

17:00:03 Oriana made a face at Kasai; she could tell his smile wasn’t genuine, but she didn’t complain out loud to him about it, figuring he had enough to deal with during this job. She watched him leave the mess, her arms crossed, and left a few steps after him. Ori hopped up to the deck with Shai, knocking slightly on the wall as she stood in the doorway. “Can I come in?” she asked, mindful of the rules Quinn had given her; she wasn’t allowed up there without permission. Ori had no intention of tripping up. If invited in, Ori stepped through the doorway and up to where Shai was sitting, her hands on her hips. Her mouth opened slightly at the sight of the vast ocean covering the surface of the planet. “Wow,” she breathed. “No wonder people build islands above this place. It’s incredible.” Her eyes, usually darting around everywhere, didn’t leave the window.

17:07:35 [Kasai] The little woman would annoy Kasai, eventually, if she kept making faces at him like she did. But that wasn't important now. The man made quick work of gathering his things, pulling his socks and boots on, throwing his vest and jacket on, placing his pistols in their respective holsters and latching the katana to his belt. He planned on leaving as soon as they docked, wanting to get to the professor as soon as possible. He climbed the ladder from his room as Shai landed the ship, closing the door behind him and looking through the corridor. He made his way towards Quinn's room, listening to her and Xin as he waited quietly. He also needed to talk to the woman before he actually left, not wanting to seem any more rude in her eyes than he felt he already did.

16:58:26 Quinn shifted uncomfortably as Xin came down the ladder. She leaned back against the sink and crossed her arms, watching him carefully as he spoke. It was obvious this issue was a sensitive one, and for that Quinn tried to keep her tone civil. “Don't plan on socializin', Doctor, so don't worry. I'll stay in here after I say a greetin' an thank them for allowin' us to dock at their place. He manages to say somethin' nasty in that time, I'll keep my mouth shut.” Quinn hesitated after the man offered his sister's assistance on the clothing issue. She glanced down at herself and the slacks she currently had on. Was that some kind of hint they looked bad? “Uh... thanks, but I'll be fine.” The captain leaned down to snatch up her discarded pair of regular work pants, recrossing her arms with them.

17:09:35 XinTou looked a little surprised at Quinn's sharpness with him. "...all right. As you like." Shrugging, he ascended up the ladder, nodding a greeting to Creepy McCreepster (Kasai), and meeting Ori and Shai in the cockpit. "Mm." He murmured in response to Ori's statement, looking out at the landscape before them with an odd mixture of wistfulness and unease. The estate was rather lush and magnificent. Breathtaking without being ostentaious. The house (rather, mansion) itself was a light red, but the floating island glittered like a green jewel in the sky, due to all the plant life surrounding it. Waiting on the dock were a veritable mess of people. First, an elegant, if childishly excited beautiful woman whom one could assume was the doctor's sister. She was tall and slender, with sharp facial features like her brother's, but her skin was slightly darker, hinting at their Mexican heritage. Plus, the woman looked a fair deal warmer and happier than the doctor. Next to the beaming woman, a jovial man-
17:09:51 [XinTou] almost paler than the alabaster tile he was standing on, with a shock of bright red hair. Although Xin had mentioned Richard was roughly his age, the other man looked a great deal younger than Xin, due to his flawless skin and less exposure to hardship. The group was rounded out by a small girl with dark hair like her mother and pale skin like her father, then a pair of boys that looked to be fraternal twins. One looked rather chubby, placid, and dark-skinned like his older sister. The other struck a marvelous resemblance to Xin Tou. Tall, skinny, and a proud, haughty look permanently affixed to his face.

17:15:29 Quinn changed back into her regular clothing. She pulled herself up the ladder and paused when she noticed Kasai waiting. “You headed out?” she asked, pulling the crutch up after her and closing the door.

17:17:44 Shaiyat slowly turned the engines off, their loud constant humming coming down to silence as the last bit of creaks and such went through the ship as she settled into place. Despite her age Shai was rather proud of the rusty red vessel and wasn't as worried about judgments passed on her as he was on himself. He shot a wide smile Ori's way, having no problems with her being in the cockpit as he trusted she wouldn't touch anything. He flicked a few switches above his head, his nerves finally coming back over him. The brace he still wore was tugged at a bit. Well, it couldn't be helped anymore than the eyepatch. “Can't remember the last time I stayed in a house...certainly not one that big.” He kept the smile as he spoke to the girl before exiting to find the others near Quinn's bunk. He caught Xin's eye first. “Gonna follow ya out, Xin...think they'll know you better.” He looked to Quinn then, shuffling closer to her as he waited.

17:21:17 Kasai nodded to the captain. "Aye. I'll be back with your shuttle tomorrow, probably around mid-day." He pushed himself away from where he was leaning. "I'll be bringing some more things with me, which I'll store in my allowed quarters." He crossed his arms comfortably before asking a final question to no one in particular. "May I ask when this gala you're going to is supposed to be?" He stroked at his goatee, wondering if he was allowed to know.

Oriana pulled her black trench coat on so that her gun was concealed, glancing over at Xin to see if he noticed she was taking Bessie, and if he did, what his reaction would be. She hoped he understood that while she didn’t expect gunfire at his sister’s place, she didn’t want to be caught in a situation where she would need a gun and not have one. She peered at the people through the windows with interest before following Xin out of the room, if he chose to go first. Looking to Shai, she noticed that he seemed a bit nervous, and gave him a reassuring smile. “Don’t worry,” she said quietly. “You look relatively normal. And the eye patch is very dashing.” She grinned and winked at him, hoping it gave him some confidence. Her shaking had decreased, as she was in a new place and technically on the job. Ori smoothed her dress and combed her fingers through her hair, hoping she looked presentable. She didn’t want to embarrass Xin in front of his family.

Kasai hadn't seen Xin's family since he wasn't in the cockpit with everyone else, but was sure they looked polite and attractive like most Alliance families did. He glanced in the doctor's direction, posing another question to everyone. "Do I need to go out and greet Xin's family also? I wouldn't want to appear rude by just leaving, if it would seem as such." He scratched the back of his head softly, now waiting patiently for the answer to two questions, hoping the first didn't get completely overlooked. He wasn't terribly fond of repeating himself unnecessarily.

“Party is in two days.” Shai answered Kasai with a small nod. He took what confidence he could from Ori's 'compliment', smiling her way before bringing his attention back to the captain. He was just as uncomfortable as she was, but he found some solace in at this point they were just meeting Xin's family. And as the pilot counted the doctor as a friend, this part of the plan would surely go smoothly, right? Ever the optimistic one he tired to offer a bit of it with a confident smile towards the captain, such fading just a little as he came to face Kasai again. “Guess it couldn't hurt? Yer just a passenger of ours...I think yer needin' ta leave after won't be cause of any fuss.” The pilot shrugged, unsure of the formalities involved with all this.

XinTou shook himself out of his reverie, made somewhat happier and yet more uneasy at the sight of his family. "Hm? Oh, yes, I'll go first. And please do join us, Kasai" He cocked an eyebrow at Oriana taking her gun with her, but did not comment, hoping it would go unsaid that he expected her to behave perfectly and be very careful amongst his relatives. All together, he trudged towards the front door, dialing the "open" sequence for the hatch door with a graceful flick of his wrist. Although it took a few moments for the metal door to heave open, no sooner had it touched ground than the properly dressed Alliance wife bounded towards them at an alarming speed, throwing her arms around a rather surprised Xin's neck. "Ge-ge!" She exclaimed breathlessly, squeezing the veritable life out of her older brother. When she finally loosened her grasp, he wheezed melodramatically. "Mei-mei. I see you're healthy." Ignoring his sarcastic statement for the moment, Isabella pulled a face at Xin's new (c)
17:47:52 [XinTou] tattoos and piercings. "Ugh. Why do you insist on mutilating the beautiful genetics you were given, eh?" From behind her, the rest of the family followed, albeit at a slower pace. Richard also looked overjoyed to see his brother-in-law. "Xin!" Warmly, Xin, stepped forward to shake the man's hand and give a half-embrace before bending over to address the playfully shy girl at his knees. "Hello Rosabella." The little girl giggled before hiding her face into her father's pants. Richard chuckled. "You live to scare my child another day." Bringing up the rear were the twins. The shorter, more placid one, looked neutral towards this new development but nonetheless, bowed politely. "Brother." The other, however, had something closer to a sneer on his face, and merely inclined his head a fraction of an inch, seeming to do so with an air of sarcasm. Xin considered them both a moment before returning the bow. "Abelardo. Nian Zu. Well met." Definitely some fraction of coolness there, between the (c)
17:48:09 [XinTou] doctor and his two twelve year old brothers. Particularly Nian Zu. Xin remembered his mannners and indicated the crew behind him. "'Bella, Richard, these are my friends and crew of the Vega. Captain Quinn Driscol, Shaiyat Vaal Oth'fyrr, Oriana Scott, Narvel Realon, and Kasai Doneghan."]

17:54:23 Oriana caught the raised eyebrow in her direction and gave a small smile. She would never dream of letting Xin’s family know she was armed, and if Xin knew anything about her, he knew she would be pleasant and cheerful, as always. She watched the encounter of Xin with his family and felt a sharp pain in her chest. Here Xin was, with his family, and while there was coolness with some members of him family, others received him with warmth and excitement. Ori could picture was a reunion with her family; they would probably ignore her, or worse, demand that she be removed from their sight. As she was introduced, Ori gave a slight wave to the family, then stepped back so she was slightly behind Shai and turned to roughly wipe her eyes on her sleeve. When she turned back, she would look calm and smiling; the only hint at her ever having been upset was a slight redness around her eyes.

17:58:49 Kasai nodded to acknowledge Shai and Xin, then quietly followed everyone down into the cargo bay. He brought up the rear, his arms still crossed. As the airlock opened he got his first look at Xin's family members, which seemed like a somewhat typical Alliance family. He looked them over quickly, studying what he could in the short time. He certainly hoped he wouldn't have to interact with the children, he simply lacked the patience for children, and the attitude of the taller twin certainly wouldn't sit well with him for more than about five minutes. He gave a very polite bow as he was introduced, knowing it was the proper thing to do. He would tag along until dismissed by someone, but was not terribly engaged with the family at this point. His eyes traveled across what he could see of the estate from where he stood, taking in his surroundings as he always did.

Shaiyat kept his place next to Quinn as he followed the doctor out...or tired as the walk was interrupted by Xin's excited younger sister. Along with Quinn, the pilot watched the relationship between their famialr Xin in his family. Isabella and her usband seemed safe to Shai, but the two younger brothers reminded him a bit too much of his own family and how they felt about his lifestyle. Disapproval it seemed ran in familys no matter what social class you were in. Anyhow, the pilot didn't have to act much when it came to being friendly. He genuinely was so, and took an immediate liking to Isabella, who he gave a wide grin. Quinn was polite as was called for and gave her thanks for allowing <i>Vega</i> and her crew to stay, but Shai who spoke up as well. It seemed his nerves had returned, along with a bit of excitement. He was rather social after all. He bowed towards the lady of the house first, and then towards Richard. “Yeah...we really do 'ppreciate the place ta stay.” The pilot spoke as clear as he could, hoping his accent wouldn't become a sore spot with these people. And the he spotted the young girl and he smiled even wider. He gave a reassuring nod back to Ori before he knelt down to the child's level, waving towards her with the same silly smile. Leave it to the pilot to be taken with the young girl.

[XinTou] Richard and Isabella took the time to politely shake each hand and clap shoulders in a smattering of welcomes and whatnot. Nian Zu, noticing Kasai's look, scoffed quietly and rolled his eyes. Xin attempted to shoot a warning look to both parties, trying to communicate, Hey, let's *not* make this more complicated than it has to be. In the interest of time and in keeping everything friendly, Xin cleared his throat after everyone had been properly introduced and addressed his younger sister. "Would it be all right if we came came in?" Isabella, already a very bouncy and happy person, suddenly snapped into the role of gracious hostess. "Of course! We've prepared breakfast for everyone. Hope you're all hungry." None too subtly, she elbowed her two younger brothers and sent them a glare before smiling again and taking the crook of her brother's arm and trying to lead them all inside. "They'll just be finishing up with the buffet right now; I can show you all to your rooms in a bit."

Oriana grinned as Shai spoke and concealed her giggle with a slight cough. Poor guy was trying so hard to sound proper, and he was doing well, considering. She shot a wide smile towards Isabella, knowing she would like Xin’s younger sister since she was so bouncy and happy, much like Ori herself. At least, much like Ori would be, if she wasn’t on a job. She shoved her hands in her pockets, feeling out of place again, and hung back closer to Kasai than the rest of them. At Isabella’s mention of food, Ori’s stomach gave a low grumble. She mentally kicked herself for her body’s rudeness. Can’t you go two minutes without requiring a meal? she thought. She would follow Quinn and Shai if they chose to go with the family inside, for now gauging her surroundings and everyone’s reactions to their guests.

Kasai nodded to the doctor, smiling lightly and motioning his head trying to communicate back, Won't be a problem. He could keep his dislikes to himself, but he wasn't below scaring some respect into a young teen. But of his respect for Xin, he wouldn't do such a thing. At Isabella's offer of food Kasai had to speak up. His tone was calm, and polite, backed by warmth and friendliness. "I don't mean to be rude, but I'm due to meet an old friend at his estate for the remainder of the day." He would move forward to shake Richard and Isabella's hands politely, giving them both a small bow as he continued. "Thank you much for your hospitality, it's greatly appreciated by all of us. I will be returning tomorrow around mid-day, I'll send word ahead before I arrive. I do hope this isn't a problem." He would bow again before making his way back inside the Vega and heading to the shuttle. As he walked inside the small craft his face fell flat, emotion and warmth once again gone from it. He hoped, in the [c]
18:26:03 [Kasai] back of his mind that he had not overdone the politeness. He had a tendency to put it on a little thick, especially when out of practice.

They are finishing up the buffet... Shai thought to himself, repeating the sister's words to himself in a low whisper as he stood back up. Well...there were a lot of people to feed, right? So a buffet made sense. This family couldn't always eat at buffets, could they? The pilot followed behind Xin as they entered the house, becoming more and more aware that his plan to 'fit in' was more far-fetched than he'd previously thought. As if to read his mind Quinn gave him a single look and he returned it with a sheepish smile.”Least ya don't have'ta cook?” He whispered to her. At least Xin's family seemed friendly enough...and in all honesty sleeping in an actual bed sounded nice but he didn't want to get ahead of himself. For now it was just getting through breakfast. He gave a smile back towards Ori, his stomach growling as well.
Back to top Go down

Log 9 - Bellerophon
Page 1 of 1