The Gathering
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awesome-ness, yo.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Narvel Realon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Studentloon

Studentloon

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Nar is quite probably the youngest member of the crew, but he seldom lets that bother him any. Thin and gangly, his shoulders express a certain power to them already though he is not yet out of his late teens. He sports steel grey eyes and a shock of gingerish hair, making him at least vaguely interesting to look at. His hair is naturally paired with a great many freckles across his face, neck, chest and shoulders too, much to his chargrin.

Born on a barely habitable backwater world called Zephyr, Nar grew up learning from both his parents on how to maintain the multitude of the machines that kept the small domed town running and safely sealed away from the terrific dust storms that raged across the planet's surface. Though their visitors were few, ships did occasionally land to trade with the settlement, and one of these ships brought a sabatour when Nar was just fifteen. For reasons unknown, the settlements generators were rendered inoperable and after exhausting all options, the settlers were forced to abandon in total chaos before they were choked in the dust of the frequent storms. During the mayhem of the retreat, Nar was seperated from both his parents.

The young man's ability with machinery and ships in general is nothing short of blessed despite his young age, and he has proven himself an able mechanic on a number of ships, paying for his passage by keeping them running as he travelled in search of his parents. He now nolonger feels such desperate need to find them, but he would still very much like to be reunited with his family.

In addition to engines and the like, Nar is keen on customising just about anything. In particular, he likes working with alliance technology, and in true browncoat style he loves putting it to all sorts of unintended uses. Among his most prized possessions is his bastardised shotgun, an alliance rifle he has heavily converted to fire clips of shotgun shells, finding this kind of anti-personel power just the job for dealing with reavers.

Though he is cagey about just how he got hold of it, Nar also owns a small, obsolete alliance fighter. Like everything else in his possesion it shows signs of heavy customisation amid the many repairs and patch jobs. Hull repairs and additional armor plates obscure most of the once sleek hull of the little delta fighter, and the nose of the craft has been altered to house a rather brutal looking mortar barrel that should worry ships bigger even than the Vega. Though he is a capable pilot, he recognises that the firefly is not his baby and is quite content to keep the Vega's engine running, and keeping it's hull from turning inside out.

A couple of little additions have come to light since Nar's return to the Vega. One is a tattoo upon his upper left arm, it depicts a female angel of a sort in a flowing dress, holding one sword aloft and another low at her hip. Nar also now owns a pendant of flat, battered metal, cut into the shape of a cog with sixteen teeth. This is actually cut from the knife that Xin dug out of Nar's leg after a reaver attack, and it hangs about Nar's neck on a cord.

Angel is Nar's 'companion' of a sort. Though resembling a dented metal ammo crate painted black, roughly an oblong a foot and a half long, Angel is infact a computer. A lid of sorts lifts away to reveal a tiny, grainy screen and there are sockets for computer connections that went out of fashion over a hundred years ago on one side as well. Angel appears to be an A.I. of a sort, and possesses a disturbingly human personality, able to understand speech and speak with a synthesized female voice. Sassy, calculating and arrogant, she does little to endear people to her. Worse still, she appears to have complete control over her own on-off switch, and by Nar's admission she is entirely untrustworthy. He has not gotten rid of her however, finding it too much of an enigma. Though reluctant to give any details about her own agendas, she does -very- much want to get somewhere....

Last edited by Studentloon on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XinTou

XinTou

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:55 pm

((Welcome back, Nar!))
Back to top Go down
Studentloon

Studentloon

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Okay, I did a dig about on imageshack and I dug this up.

Narvel Realon Torresstarepo7

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Not my upload, but -very- close to how I pictured Nar.

I've added a bit extra to my profile.
Back to top Go down
Myth
Admin
Myth

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Awww!!!
Back to top Go down
https://awesomenessyo.forumotion.net
Studentloon

Studentloon

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:41 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNF2KNcRm-U

I have creed's version on my mp3 player, but the original fit's Nar just as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Narvel Realon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narvel Realon   Narvel Realon Empty

Back to top Go down

Narvel Realon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Gathering :: Gaming :: Verse :: Character Profiles-
Jump to: